I don’t know about you but it is hard to find genuine people in today’s society. That is quite the bold statement and I’m well aware. It feels Vancouver has become a city with a bit of a foodie attitude. What do I mean? Vancouver was known as a city with great food and great customer service and it has slowly evolved to great food, it speaks for itself, and therefore screw the customer service. Just think of an experience you’ve just recently had, where the food was outstanding but the person serving it to you, was absolutely dreadful and you were debating on whether to leave a tip but justified it for the food. This happens to everyone more often than not, yet, there are those few places that maintain the charm and sincerity much needed in our city.
![]() |
| Signing on the outside of The Dish |
The Dish: Fabulous Nourishments,
this is one of those places. Unsuspecting to the eye, this low key diner really
knows what the people want. I felt like eating healthy today as you’ve seen
from the last few blogs, its been a bit of a calorie intake this week! Lucky
me, I met up with my husband for lunch again today, which was perfect as he’s
never eaten at The Dish. It is located on Davie Street in Vancouver,
established in 1991; the owner, Andrew Parker, has made it a point to serve
healthy fast food. Everything that is served to a customer is served fresh and home-made, politely handed over to you with friendly smiles and kind eyes. The
people behind the counter aren’t afraid to engage in conversation, make you
laugh and add a bit of cheer to your day. You think with healthy food it can
get a tad bit boring but not here, some of my co-workers go to The Dish every day,
order something new, and keep on going back.
Each day is also different at The
Dish, they have a specialty feature per day, one famous one is their Turkey
dinner. They roast their own turkey, they peel every potato and mash it by
hand, and the gravy is made from the drippings of the roast turkey not from a
package bought at the grocery store. I will definitely be returning on that day
for a bite!
![]() |
| Half of The Dish's Indonesian Wrap |
What we had today, was my
favorite item on the menu, the Indonesia Wrap. Why my favorite? It has peanut
sauce. First, I love sauce. Second, I’m half Filipino, and we have our own
peanut sauce dish called Kare Kare (oxtail in peanut sauce) which is my
all-time absolute favorite meal ever. So naturally, a healthy chicken wrap with
vegetables covered in peanut sauce hits the top of the list. The wrap is nice
and soft with a proper amount of elasticity to hold all the ingredients. The
cabbage and lettuce are fresh and crunchy, the chicken is moist, the brown rice
is cooked to the ideal texture, not too soft but not too hard and the peanut
sauce is sweet and spicy. Combined this wrap is exploding with flavor, with the
right amount of sauce, I can always go for more sauce, that it doesn’t make the
wrap soggy. Yummy, yummy , yummy!
![]() |
| Half of The Dish's Brazilian Wrap |
We also had the speciality wrap
of the day the Brazilian Chicken wrap. Oh so refreshing! I loved the chunks of
pineapple that surprised my taste buds, hidden in between the crisp vegetables
and chicken, covered in this delectable creamy sauce with a bit of a kick. Biting into this wrap was like having a party
erupt on my tongue, awakening the taste belt spectra of sweet, sour, spicy with
a hint of salty, but not too much!
The Dish has everything you need
on its plate, superb food, excellent service and honest character. I’ll be
visiting again real soon J



No comments:
Post a Comment